For those whom a week expedition to Son Doong cave - the world’s biggest cave - is too much, this new 2-day Hang Va Expedition can be a perfect alternative for your short holiday.
Hang Va is a part of Phong Nha Cave System. It is believed that Hang Va and Hang Nuoc Nut are hydrologically connected to Son Doong, based on their presumed shared water flow. Hang Va and Hang Nuoc Nut were found recently in 2012, and the stalactites and stalagmites in Hang Va are remarkably distinct and extraordinary.
Within the wet and dry gours are numerous conical calcite formations that have been named the Tower Cones. Towers Cones such as those in Hang Va are extremely rare and are only found in a few caves across the entire world. Both delicate and unique, these cones can only be formed underwater and take thousands of years to grow tall.
This expedition gives you the opportunity to be one of the first people in these caves. We provide the very best adventure experiences with every aspect of the trip carefully planned including delicious meals, the highest safety standards, and friendly and informative adventure guides. Come and enjoy unique and unforgettable experiences in the caves with our dedicated adventure tour company!
Duration: 2 Days & 1 Night
Adventure Level: Moderate-to-hard for physically active guests
(basic trekking experience required)
Availability: 5 departures / week
(operates from February to the end of August)
Group size: 2 – 8 pax
(minimum requirement of 2 persons to operate)
Minimum Age: 16 years old
Tour Starts: 8:00 am – 8:30 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha
Tour Ends: 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm at any local hotel in Phong Nha
Price USD: $ 355 / pax
The adventure level of Hang Va Expedition is moderate-to-hard for anyone who considers themselves physically fit and who participates in regular outdoor activities. Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities before taking part in the expedition.
• 10 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
• 3 km caving in river caves (cold water, 17 degrees Celsius, waist deep)
• Elevation gain is 150 m (between road and mountain top)
• 20 m traverse using rope and harness
• 2 days and 1 night in jungle and caves
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
• Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves, harness
• Camping gear: tent(with mosquito net), camp light, sleeping bag, mattresses & pillow
• Semi dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside your backpack
• Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 - 46
• Meals: picnic lunches, BBQ dinner (day 1), breakfast (day 2)
• Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
• Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare meals
• Shared dry box for phones and small cameras ((20cm x 15cm or 22cm x 20cm and limited availability for larger cameras)
• Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
• Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using Western toilet seat
• First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:
• Personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
• Travel insurance.
• International & domestic flights and taxes.
• Other personal expenses: drinks, souvenir, etc…
WHAT TO TAKE:
• 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
• 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
• 2 pair of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
• 1 backpack to hold personal items
• 1 pair of flip flops (sandals) for campsite
• 1 small towel
• 1 set of camp clothes (shorts are okay for around camp; please bring a fleece in winter)
• 1 change of clothes for after the tour
• Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries