This adventure tour offers the perfect balance between trekking, caving, climbing, squeezing and swimming, combined with enough time to enjoy two spectacular campsites over three-days and two-nights!
Our three-day trekking and caving adventure includes the very best wild caves of the region including Rat Cave, Ken Cave, Kim Cave, Secret Cave, Hung Ton Cave, Ken Cave and Tu Lan Cave!
It is a more challenging experience compared to our Tu Lan Cave Encounter (2 days / 1 night), as you’ll see more of the caves and go much further into the jungle!
Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime and one of the most talked about adventure experiences in Vietnam!
Duration: 3 Days & 2 Nights
Adventure Level: Moderate for physically active guests (swimming necessary)
Availability: Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday (operates from mid-November to mid-September)
Group size: 8 - 12 pax (minimum requirement of 2 persons to operate)
Minimum Age: 16 years old
Tour Starts: 7:30 am – 8:00 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha
Tour Ends: 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm at any local hotel in Phong Nha
Price USD: $355 / pax (price inclusive of VAT & environment/entrance fees)
Our Wild Tu Lan Cave Explorer is moderate for anyone who considers themselves physically fit and participates in regular outdoor activities, but difficult for anyone with limited outdoor experience. Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities, you have basic trekking experience and are able to swim before taking part in the adventure.
• 17 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
• 4 km caving
• 1 km swimming in caves (from 200 m – 500 m each cave)
• Elevation change up to 150 m (between valley and top of mountain)
• 3 days and 2 nights in jungle and caves
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
• Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag, pillow, mattress
• Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
• Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
• Dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics)
• Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
• Meals: picnic lunches, dinner (day 1 & 2), breakfast (day 2 & 3)
• Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
• Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
• Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (20cm x 15cm or 22cm x 20cm and limited availability for larger cameras)
• Water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
• Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
• First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
• Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:
• Personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
• Travel insurance.
• International & domestic flights and taxes.
• Other personal expenses: drinks, souvenir, etc…
WHAT TO TAKE:
• 2 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
• 1-2 pair of short and t-shirt to wear at campsite and swim suit
• 1 pair of good-gripping and non-waterproof trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
• 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
• 1 medium size towel
• 2-3 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
• Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries