Hiking & Trekking
Off The Beaten Track
Off Road 4X4
54 Minorty Groups
Architecture & Heritage Sites
Lunar New Year
What to do and not to do
What to eat in North
What to eat in Center
What to eat in South
Hotels & Resorts
Night at inhabitant
Getting around Vietnam
In cities, market and super market
In village,local markets
The art of bargain
What about Tips ?
Who We Are?
Why Travel With Us?
How To Book Your Tour?
Terms and Conditions
Meet Us on Tourism Events
Dien Bien Phu
Ba Be lake
Ha Long bay
Phong Nha - Ke Bang
Ho Chi Minh city
More than 17 Days
Off Road 4x4
Off-Road Vietnam 4x4: Tour from Hanoi to Ha Giang - 6 days
In 6 days with Mr Linh's Adventures, we will take you through winding passes, through lush forests, rich fields, approaching the lives of many highland ethnic groups in North Vietnam. The journey starts in Hanoi and continues to Vu Linh, Ha Giang, Dong Van, Meo Vac, Ba Be and Cao Bang. This trip promises to bring you wonderful and unforgettable experiences.
Ba Be National Park
- A wild treasure home to one of the biggest natural freshwater lakes in Asia
Ban Gioc Waterfall
- Fourth largest waterfall in the world offering a breathtaking sight
- Cao Bang is an immensely beautiful, sparsely populated frontier region of North Vietnam
Ha Giang Province
- Vietnam's final frontier rich of a multitude of ethnic cultures and stunning landscapes
- Bustling capital city of Northern Vietnam
6 days 5 nights
$1055 per person
Day 1: Hanoi - Vu Linh (-/L/D )
tart the journey to discover new trails in the
North of Vietnam
on our wild goat 4x4, and the first destination is
- a beautiful town located near Thac Ba Lake - the largest artificial lake in Vietnam likened to " Ha Long on the mountain".
Pass through the
, which strongly shows the identity of Vietnam's wet rice agricultural civilization, immersed in the countryside covered by huge rice fields and tree-covered areas. You can't help but be surprised when you see the people's daily lives here as it seems to be different from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi.
Continue your journey before stopping at Viet Tri or
Doan Hung town
for lunch at a local restaurant and take a short rest. When we traverse enchanting passages to Vu Linh, our eyes beheld a breathtaking nature by emerald fields and valleys along the way.
The sunset is also when we arrive in Vu Linh. Have dinner and spend the night at the Yao people’s stilt house.
About 170 km
Approximate: 4h30’ drive
Day 2: Vu Linh - Ha Giang (B/L/D)
On the second day, we will drive to
where nature has favored and bestowed beautiful landscapes, with mountains and forests, rivers and streams, and people imbued with national identity.
After breakfast, we will pack up our luggage and move to
Thac Ba Lake
, enjoying the immense sea and islands, creating a spectacular landscape picture. Together we will visit some ethnic villages around the lake before moving to Tuyen Quang and having lunch here.
On the way, we will have to pass some steep turns, which will be a challenge for us.
Upon arrival in Ha Giang, we will move to the house of an ethnic family in the village to spend the night and enjoy dinner with them. There are a number of ethnic minorities living here such as:
Yao, Hmong, Tay and Nung
. Visiting Ha Giang is a great opportunity to learn more about the culture and traditions of the peoples.
About 180 km
Approximate: 5h drive
Day 3: Dong Van - Meo Vac (B/L/D)
Continuing this 6-day journey, we will discover
Dong Van and Meo Vac
- the highlight of our journey.
First, we will visit Dong Van rock plateau - which is covered almost entirely by limestone and has been recognized by UNESCO as a Global Geopark.
To reach Dong Van rocky plateau, you will have to cross the passes, one side is the deep abyss, the other side is the cat near rock mountain range with steep bends, and the majestic scenery of the plateau. . Dong Van stone gradually appeared, hidden in the fog. Next, the group will stop at Dong Van Ancient Town sightseeing center, where we will admire the unique architectural works that have existed for thousands of years along with a rich mountain culture. colors of many ethnic groups. Everybody. minority here. Next, we will continue our journey to
Heaven's Gate in Quan Ba
. We will have lunch at a local restaurant near the Royal Palace.
In the afternoon, the group continues to move through
Ma Pi Leng pass
- a place famous for the beautiful
Nho Que river
to reach Meo Vac town before nightfall. We will enjoy dinner together and spend the night at a local people's house.
About 180 km
Day 4: Meo Vac - Ba Be (B/L/D)
After breakfast, we will have to say goodbye to
and head straight to Ba Be - the largest natural freshwater lake in Vietnam. Along the way, we will admire the surrounding mountainous terrain and the charming beauty of
Nho Que River
while passing various passes. When coming to Bao Lac town, we will have a break for lunch and rest before continuing our journey to Ba Be in the afternoon.
After leaving Bao Lac, we will drive about 30 km on paved roads before entering a heavily wooded trail. We'll also go on off-road adventures to cross rivers and streams.
In the late afternoon, we will reach
Ba Be Lake
, surrounded by breathtaking nature. We will have dinner with a Tay family and stay at their house for one night.
About 180 km
Day 5: Ba Be Lake - Cao Bang (B/L/D)
The morning of the 5th day will be spent exploring
Ba Be Lake
Ba Be National Park
. It’s up to you how to spend your time on the boat, whether it’s relaxing and enjoying the views or going for a swim in the cool waters to refresh yourself. The views consist of stunning karst formations all around you covered with patches of wild vegetation and a rich wildlife. The boat will then continue along the
, giving you a chance to explore the caves of
where you can marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites created through river erosion, as well as observe the thousands-strong bat colony that lives here. You will have lunch in a local restaurant before driving to Cao Bang.
We will drive 3 hours to reach
- the place with the most magnificent waterfalls and caves in Vietnam. We will have dinner at a restaurant and overnight at a hotel in Cao Bang city.
About 130 km
Day 6: Cao Bang - Hanoi (B/L)
In the morning you will spend some time relaxing, exploring Cao Bang town before driving yourself back to Hanoi.
Along the way, you will have to conquer several terrain routes before heading to the
Red River Delta
. We will stop at a local restaurant along the way for lunch. During the tour, you will meet many people from many ethnic groups, including
Hmong, Yao, Tay and Nung
Return to Hanoi will be around 5:00 PM
. This is also the time to say goodbye to your wonderful journey.
About 290 km
• 4×4 car with material insurance
• Local Experts: Tour guide & mechanic with their vehicle. For a group of 10-15, there will be an extra supporter to handle situations better, if any (included in the price)
• Safe & Exceptional Routes
• 24/7 Dedicated Support
• Good Accommodation (3-star hotels, homestays with great reviews on TripAdvisor)
• All meals on tour
• Fuel/ Gasoline
• Boat trips on Lakes or Rivers
• All entrance tickets/ Permits to remote areas
• Hotel pick up
• Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
• Travel insurance
• International flight and taxes
• Other personal expenses: drinks, souvenir, etc…
What To Take:
• Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking, trekking and cycling.
• It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
• These prices are based on twin-share or triple-share Accommodation. An extra charge of 20 USD/night shall be applied for a single occupation.
• These prices can be changed (15 – 30 % lower or higher) according to the type of tour we will customize for you. If customers take the Ho Chi Minh Trail drive, the National road drive, or the Cross-border tour to Laos, an extra charge of 25USD/day/car shall be applied.
• The prices listed above are applied for tours using the standard 4×4 Pickup Truck year model from 2014 as Chevrolet Colorado, Ford Ranger, Mazda BT50, Mitsubishi Triton, Toyota Hilux, and Isuzu Dmax.
Northern Vietnam Adventure Arc 4x4 Hanoi to Halong Bay - 12 days
Northern loop Vietnam 4x4 8 days
In Association With