One day adventure to Hoa Lu - Tam Coc takes you to the capital city of Vietnam under the Dinh Dynasty, holding power from 968 to 1009. Some of the ancient sanctuaries and tombs from this period have survived the years and can still be seen today. Apart from the historical interest, the scenery in Ninh Binh is truly incredible, often referred to as Halong Bay on land. The landscape features winding rivers, rice paddies and towering peaks which rear up from the land.
Departure date: Everyday
Destination: Hoa Lu, Tam Coc, Ninh Binh, Vietnam.
Duration: 1 day
Price USD: $ 50/ person
Full day: Hoa Lu - Tam Coc
You will be collected at 08:00 from your hotel, and you will begin your journey to Ninh Binh (approximately 2 hours driving). As you leave behind the city, you will notice a change in the landscape, houses and high rises giving way to the beautiful roadside scenery. On arrival in Ninh Binh City, you will pay a visit to Hoa Lu – the ancient capital of Vietnam. Here you will visit two temples dedicated to the two kings: King Dinh and King Le. These temples showcase the unique architecture of ancient Vietnam.
Next, you will go to Tam Coc where you will have lunch at a nice restaurant with many local delicacies. Then you will board a small sampan to visit Tam Coc which translates “three caves.” The two and a half hour boat trip takes you along the glassy river surrounded by majestic limestone cliffs and mysterious caves, as well as past rural scenes of rice paddies and deserted green fields. Tam Coc really has it all. The fresh air and stunning views make for a peaceful yet invigorating experience. The journey will also be packed full of fantastic photo opportunities.
Time permitting, you can also visit the nearby Bich Dong Pagoda and climb up the mountain to take in the wonderful view of the Bich Dong and Tam Coc which sit below. You will return to Hanoi in the late afternoon.
Optional: Bike ride through the countryside to Tam Coc (4 km).
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
• A/C transfer.
• Experienced English speaking guide.
• Meals as stated in the itinerary (L: Lunch)
• All sightseeing tickets and travel permits.
• No extra charge after confirmation.
• 24/7 hotline support guaranteed.
TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:
• Personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
• Travel insurance.
• International flight and taxes.
• Other personal expenses: drinks, souvenir, etc…
WHAT TO TAKE:
• Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking (if any).
• It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...