This one day trip to Duong Lam is designed to give you the opportunity to uncover the origins of Vietnam's culture and traditions. It is a fantastic opportunity to explore the unique architecture through its surviving laterite brick ancient houses. You will be able to uncover traditional buildings whilst wandering through the narrow alleyways. Throughout the trip, you will be able to meet local people and learn more about their way of life as well as having lunch with a local family. This tour will take you to King Ngo Quyen Temple and King Phung Hung Temple and Mia Pagoda all within one day.
Departure date: Everyday
Destination: Duong Lam ancient village, Son Tay, Ha Noi, Vietnam.
Duration: 1 day
Price USD: $ 65/ person
Full day: Duong Lam ancient village - King's Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung temple
You will leave your hotel at 09.00 and drive roughly 50km from Hanoi to visit Duong Lam Village in Son Tay province. Duong Lam is a purely agricultural village of the Northern Red River Delta. It has retained many of its traditional features including ancient houses, some of which are 300-400 years old. On arrival, you will take a walk down the village path to visit Mong Phu temple which is dedicated to national heroes and the temples of King Ngo Quyen and King Phung Hung.
You will then stop to enjoy a special Vietnamese lunch prepared by a local host. While you are in the house, you can also join the host in making local specialities such as soft green-lentil cake and rice cakes filled with brown onion to enjoy as part of the meal (depend on the season of the year). After lunch, you will continue the trip with a visit to Mia Pagoda. Built in the 15th century, this temple is home to 287 different statues of all different sizes. After visiting the pagoda, you will begin your journey back to Hanoi with the option of making another stop on the way.
If you’re interested, you can stop to visit Tay Phuong Pagoda which was built in the 8th century and is one of the best examples of a traditional pagoda in the North of Vietnam. This pagoda is particularly special as it features 18 ancient Arhan statues. You also have the option of stopping at Van Phuc Silk Village where you can see the production of some of the best silk in Vietnam. You can learn about the silk-making process or shop for some silk products to take home with you.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
• A/C transfer.
• Experienced English speaking guide.
• Meals as stated in the itinerary (L: Lunch)
• All sightseeing tickets and travel permits.
• No extra charge after confirmation.
• 24/7 hotline support guaranteed.
TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:
• Personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
• Travel insurance.
• International flight and taxes.
• Other personal expenses: drinks, souvenir, etc…
WHAT TO TAKE:
• Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking (if any).
• It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...